1. “We”, “Us”, “Our”: Mr Adam Griggs and Mrs Karen Griggs the owners’ of Old
Forge York Holiday Cottages. Address: The Old Forge Sand Hutton Yok YO41
1LB. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org telephone: 07926381022
2. Owner: Mr Adam Griggs and Mrs Karen Griggs or their representative
3. Property: the property referred to in the booking confirmation
4. Terms: the terms referred to in this document and any other terms given to you by us the owners.
5. Accommodation: the accommodation provided to you at the property for a set period of time detailed in your booking and agreed by us.
6. Booking: your request for accommodation made through our online booking portal or over the telephone.
7. Check-in date: the date and time at which your accommodation booking begins at the property.
8. “In writing”, “written” includes correspondence via email.
1. You must be 18 years of age or over when the booking is made.
2. The Owners reserve the right to refuse the booking for any lawful reason.
3. You may occupy the Property solely for the purpose of a holiday (as defined in the Housing Act 1988, schedule 1, paragraph 9) and it is understood that no assured shorthold tenancy, statutory periodic tenancy or any other type of tenancy will arise other than a holiday letting.
1. Bookings are made via our website booking portal or via the telephone.
2. All bookings remain provisional until payment has been received in cleared funds through our online payment system or over the telephone. Unless payment has been made within 48 hours of making the provisional booking, the provisional booking will be treated as cancelled.
3. Bookings are classed as provisional until all payments due at this time are paid. We will confirm in writing the booking with you. At the point we confirm the booking in writing a contract is formed between you and us. Contact us immediately if any information which upon written confirmation of the booking appears on the booking form is incorrect or incomplete.
4. A deposit of 30% of the total rental cost of the property must be made at the time of the provisional booking.
5. The balance of the rental cost must be paid in full in cleared funds six weeks prior to your date of arrival at the property. A reminder will be sent to you by email one week before this date. Failure to comply with our payment terms may lead to the booking being treated as cancelled and our standard cancellation terms will apply.
1. Our quoted prices are per property for accommodation only and include
(where applicable) VAT, cleaning on departure, bedlinen and towels,
electricity, gas, water, central heating, Wi-Fi. Beach towels and cot linen are
2. Payments can be made in UK sterling by bank transfer, by credit or debit card.
3. All card payments are processed by Holiday Rental Payment and we use supercontrol booking system. This booking system is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant and encryption protected.
To be completed...
1. You must arrive and depart within the check-in and check-out times
stipulated for the property unless special arrangements have been made in
2. You must keep the property and all furniture, fittings, facilities, equipment and grounds in the same state of repair and condition as at the date of your arrival. We reserve the right to make a charge for any additional cleaning required over the usual number of hours committed to departure cleaning.
3. Mattresses are checked after every booking. In the event of a mattress being soiled, you will be charged for a new mattress. Waterproof mattress protectors are available to pre-order for both properties. Please request in advance if required to avoid charges.
4. You will be charged for the cost of replacing bedlinen and towels with permanent staining including those from fake tan, makeup and hair dye.
5. All properties and gardens are strictly no smoking. If you fail to comply with this prohibition you will be charged a penalty in addition to the cost for the cleaning required to remove all traces of smoking from inside and outside the property.
6. You must promptly report to the owner any breakages or damage to the property inside and outside. Minor breakages with a replacement cost of £10 or less are not charged for. For damage and breakages where the replacement cost is greater than £15 you will be responsible for the payment.
7. You are responsible for neighbourly and appropriate behaviour of your party. Should you or a member of your party abuse the property, or display dangerous or disrespectful, offensive or rude behaviour to the owners, neighbours or other visitors, undertake illegal activities or any activity that may cause damage, or unreasonable noise disturbance the owners will require that person to leave the property.
8. You are responsible for you and your party maintaining acceptable levels of noise at the property, within the grounds and the vicinity of the property, particularly between the hours of 22:00hrs and 08:00hrs. In the event of anyone in your party breaching this responsibility, we reserve the right to ask you to vacate the property.
9. Any changes to your party should be notified to us. In addition you must not exceed the maximum number of guests permitted to occupy the property as stated in your booking confirmation. You must not sublet the property.
10. If you intend to organise a function (e.g. party) at the property and invite additional individuals to the property during the day, you must seek prior permission from the owner. There may be an additional fee.
11. You must adhere to the policy on pets. Two dogs maximum are welcome at each of our properties. You must adhere to the policy on dogs outlined below.
12. In the event of any breach of these obligations you may be asked to vacate the property and in these circumstances the booking contract will come to an end immediately without any refund of payments made by you or any compensation for early termination. You will be liable for any costs or damages stipulated in these booking terms and conditions caused by your breach.
1. We do not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death howsoever
caused to you or anyone in your party or to your vehicles or personal property
where we the owner have not been negligent. Any valuables left at the
property are left at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that all
doors, shutters and windows are closed and locked when leaving the property
or in the grounds. You should take out adequate travel insurance prior to the
start of your holiday.
2. Children within your party should be monitored by you at all times and it is your sole responsibility to check the suitability of any children’s equipment which is provided at the property as the owner cannot accept any responsibility for its use.
3. The Owner cannot be responsible for interruption or failure of the water supply, electricity or broadband to the property or the breakdown of domestic and mechanical equipment. In such circumstances,
4. The Owner is not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property.