We have signed up to the Visit Britain tourism standards on disinfecting and social distancing to open with confidence.
We are committed to ensuring the comfort, confidence and safety of everyone who visits Old Forge York, including our guests, staff and family.
We have transparent processes in place, risk assessments and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing.
We welcome unannounced spot checks onsite. We have signed up to receive alerts on changes to Government guidelines so that we remain fully informed immediately there are changes.
These are the additional measurements we have introduced:
- Individual welcome leaflets for guests (not a welcome folder). They are composted on site after use.
- To reduce your trips to local shops we have increased our provision on site. Your welcome hamper now includes breakfast of your choice. Supplies of tea, coffee and hot chocolate are changing to a hotel-style provision. This ensures that you know everything is fresh and just for you. Running out of Yorkshire tea ? Just as in a hotel we will restock your supplies at a time convenient to staying safe and reducing waste.
- We have opened an honesty shop on site with provisions for simple picnics and suppers.
- Our milkman delivers six days a week. Dairy, juice and newspapers. So if on arrival you need extra supplies, these will be on your doorstep for breakfast.
- We have a self check in system with a key safe by the front door. Your welcome will be via Zoom, FaceTime or video Whatapps. Each cottage has a parking space, separate entrance and most importantly a private safe garden.
- Everything that cannot be disinfected is put in the cottages on a rotation system and quarantined in between guests for 72hrs, including sheepskins, books and games.